IMI Z&J is an international leader in the provision of custom-engineered high temperature valves for the iron & steel, petrochemical and refining industries.The company has over 135 years’ experience of working with refiners, technology licensors and operators to develop our high-quality, specialised valves. We specialise in valves that are suitable for use in high operating temperatures, large sizes, and that have a high frequency of operation
Establishes production plan and develops master schedule and daily load to support the sales and operations plan, inventory, and customer service objectives. Plans and schedules usage of raw materials, components and capacity consistent with the projected forecasts to support the sales and operations plan.
Develops master production schedule for assigned product, providing sufficient lead time to procure raw materials and manufacturing components to meet production forecast requirements.
• Establishes daily production schedules to determine in which sequence products and components will be manufactured.
• Monitors schedules to assist departmental personnel in achieving the goals of the production plan.
• Makes or recommends revisions to existing production schedules.
• Supervise Production Planning personnel to align production plans with customer demand.
• Reviews, analyzes and edits nonstandard orders against a defined set of input requirements.
• Identifies discrepancies and communicate with appropriate personnel to resolve discrepancies.
• Processes non-standard orders promptly and accurately to provide the next operation with requested set of output requirements.
• Communicates and/or initiates systems information relating to manufacturing system.
• Monitors and maintains accurate records and proper planning data for assigned items.
• Coordinates the implementation of changes, which effect production of assigned items.
• Performs transactions necessary to maintain accurate records and inventory balances.
• Follows all 5S practices and supports lean activities, as well as safety regulations policies and procedures.
Reporting & Analytics
Becomes familiar with and reviews item forecast versus actual demand patterns, making appropriate adjustments to maintain inventory levels.
Work closely with other functional areas to drive andown KPI’s such as Promise Date service level, Customer RequestDate service level, past due backlog and lead time.
• Assist Project Management team with clearly identifying and communicating customer expectations to all team members for project orders and drive using master schedule.
• Communicates to sales and operations planning by providing input and feedback to management personnel.
Bachelors Degree preferred but not required
Minimum of 5 years job related mnufacturing experience involving Operations Metrics required
APICS certified CPIM or CSCP preferred but not required
Demonstrated experience in manufacturing planning and scheduling a must
Highly proficient in an ERP environment, preferably, E2
Experience working with Bills of Materials extremely important
Proficient data analysis skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel
MUST LIVE IN THE HOUSTON AREA - No Relocation
Job ID 2019-31924
# of Openings 1
Platform IMI Critical Engineering